PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY AS THEY DESCRIBE YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES AND, TOGETHER WITH ALL THE OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS REFERRED TO BELOW, FORM A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND US REGARDING YOUR USE OF OUR SITES.
IF, FOR ANY REASON, YOU ARE UNABLE OR UNWILLING TO AGREE TO ALL OF OUR TERMS, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE USING OR ATTEMPTING TO USE OF OUR SITES, BECAUSE IF YOU CONTINUE, YOU WILL BE AGREEING TO ALL THE TERMS DESCRIBED OR REFERRED TO BELOW.
Trademarks, Copyright & Database Rights. Copyright in the content of each Site (including without limitation all images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, trademarks, service marks, the “look” and “feel”, color combinations, button shapes, layout, design, graphical elements, arrangement of items, written and other materials that appear on this Site, HTML and other code and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectable elements on our Sites) and all database rights in each Site (collectively, the “Content”) are owned by Madroth or its licensors and are legally protected under intellectual property laws. The modification, copying, distribution or incorporation into any other work of part or all of any Site or its Content in any form is prohibited except that you may print or download extracts for your non-commercial, informational and personal use only. All rights are reserved.
Links. There may be links that make it easier for you to connect to third party websites or that will let you access any of our Sites from third party websites. Linked third party websites are not under the control of Madroth and Madroth is not responsible for the contents of any linked third party website or any link contained in such a linked website. Existence of links to other third party websites is not an endorsement by Madroth in favor of such website or the products or services contained in any third party website. If you choose to access a third party website linked on any of our Sites you do so entirely at your own risk. Concerns regarding services or resources or links to third party websites should be directed to the provider of the outside service or resource. You are permitted to link to our homepage madroth.com without prior consent. Madroth at all times reserves the irrevocable right to rescind consent for any link to any of our Sites and to take any legal action it deems appropriate.
Acceptable use. We grant you a limited license and right to use the Content of our Sites solely in connection with your direct personal, non-commercial use. Unauthorized or prohibited use of Content may subject you to civil or criminal liability. In addition, you represent, warrant and agree that you will not use (or plan, encourage or help others to use) any of our Sites for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. You may not do the following in connection with use of any of our Sites:
- Alter, delete or conceal copyright or other notices, even if we let you download, display print or share the Content with others;
- Send unsolicited commercial email to the email addresses provided on the Site. The posting of email addresses is not to be construed as, and does not constitute consent to use of them by any seller of services, any compiler of mailing lists, or any other non-authorized use without prior permission from Madroth. In addition, spam, chain emails, advertising solicitations and similar email solicitations are expressly prohibited;
- Post or transmit to or from the Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, indecent or pornographic material or other material of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to any civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- Post or transmit and from the Site any material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or relevant right holder;
- Download any file posted by any other user if you know, or reasonably ought to know, that the file cannot legally be distributed in such manner;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site, system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Site or Madroth, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Site or Madroth, overloading, “flooding,” “mailbombing” or “crashing”;
- Send unsolicited e-mail of promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail;
- Frame the contents of any part of the Site within any materials not originated by Madroth.
- If you use the Site in the United Kingdom, any claim relating to, and the use of, such Site and the materials contained herein is governed by English law. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- If you use the Site in France, any claim relating to, and the use of, such Site and the materials contained herein is governed by French law. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French Courts.
- If you use the Site in Italy, any claim relating to, and the use of, such Site and the materials contained herein is governed by Italian law. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Italian Courts.
- If you use the Site in Spain, any claim relating to, and the use of, such Site and the materials contained herein is governed by Spanish law. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Spanish Courts.
- If you use the Site in Hong Kong, any claim relating to, and the use of, such Site and the materials contained herein is governed by Hong Kong law. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts.
- If you use the Site in the United Arab Emirates, any claim relating to, and the use of, such Site and the materials contained herein is governed by UAE law. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UAE Courts.
- If you use the Site in the United States, any claim relating to, and the use of, such Site and the materials contained herein is governed by United States law. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the American Courts.
No Attorney-Client Relationship. Each Site is presented for informational purposes only. Your use of any of our Sites does not create an attorney-client relationship with Madroth, nor does such use constitute the receipt of legal advice from Madroth. A detailed confidential discussion of your specific circumstance with an attorney(s) of the firm is an integral and necessary component of becoming a client of Madroth. No user of any of our Sites, whether or not the user is an existing client of Madroth, should act or refrain from acting based on the content of any of our Sites without seeking appropriate legal counsel from a properly licensed attorney. Although the information contained in each Site is not intended to be advertising, some material may be considered advertising under the professional rules of conduct in some states. Madroth is unable to represent a client that may come to the firm for legal assistance from a jurisdiction where the material provided on the relevant Site does not comply with local state ethics rules, if that client came to us directly as a result of material they viewed on such Site.
Site Content; Disclaimer And Limitation Of Liability. OUR SITES AND ALL CONTENT ARE MADE AVAILABLE “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY RELATING TO TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE. THERE IS NO GUARANTY OR ASSURANCE OUR SITES OR CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE OR THAT ALL CONTENT WILL BE AVAILABLE OR PERFORM AS DESCRIBED OR THAT ANY SITE OR CONTENT IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, ERROR FREE. ALTHOUGH REED SMITH ENDEAVORS TO ENSURE THAT THE CONTENT OF EACH SITE IS ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE (EVEN THOUGH IT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO), USERS SHOULD SEEK APPROPRIATE LEGAL ADVICE BEFORE TAKING OR REFRAINING FROM TAKING ANY ACTION BASED ON INFORMATION PROVIDED VIA SUCH SITE. THE CONTENTS OF EACH SITE SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE. WE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY MALICIOUS OR UNAUTHORIZED CODE AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING YOU HAVE APPROPRIATE SCANNING AND PROTECTIVE MECHANISMS FOR THE SECURITY OF YOUR EQUIPMENT, PROGRAMS AND INFORMATION AND BY USING ANY OF OUR SITES YOU ARE ASSUMING ALL RISK OF LOSS THAT MAY ARISE OR BE ASSOCIATED WITH USE OF OUR SITES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST AND EXPENSE OF ANY KIND, DIRECT AND INDIRECT, IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FORM OUR SITES, CONTENT, ANY ACTION TAKEN (OR NOT TAKEN) AS A RESULT OF OUR SITE OR CONTENT OR OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR BASIS OF CLAIM AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS DO NOT ATTEMPT TO AFFECT ANY OF YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER OR OTHERWISE UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW OF THE RELEVANT JURISDICTION. TO THE EXTENT THAT THESE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED BY LAW THOSE PARTS OF THE CLAUSES THAT ARE PROHIBITED WILL NOT APPLY. THE REMAINING TERMS AND CLAUSES WILL CONTINUE TO APPLY. IF ANY LIMITATION OF DAMAGES OR LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, WE SHALL BE ENTITLED TO THE MAXIMUM EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS PERMITTED; HOWEVER, IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100).